Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pre Operation Testing

17th July 2006 - Well I can't say that I'd ever like to go through those last few days in 2006 again. I'd been to see the Neurosurgeon and that was enlightening but the worst bit was letting my family and friends know about my diagnosis. No easy way to tell someone that you have a brain tumour is there really? Their shock matched my shock and luckily everyone remained positive for me. Thank goodness no one treated me as if I had been given a death sentence.

Good positive vibes is what you need at a time like that - so today (2 years ago) I went for pre-operation tests. You know the ones, blood pressure, xrays, ECG. I passed on 2 out of 3 and received a royal telling off for thinking I could treat myself.

It was back home on a high dose of medication to sort myself out! My guilt was incredible!

No comments: