Monday, June 16, 2008

Chapter One - Setting the Scene

EXCERPT FROM CHAPTER ONE:

'I have had very little sickness in my life and have never been in hospital for any reason other than to work as an admin clerk for 6 months. So, yes, you have it right, I have my tonsils and my appendix and I have never broken a bone in my body or had food poisoning or a baby. Remarkable isn’t it that I escape a hospital visit for 48 years? But, boy, when I do it, I do it big! No messing around!'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After waking up one morning in Mid June, I stretched, as you do at the start of a new day and realised that certain parts of my body were out of control. A little episode that lasted all of 30 seconds, although it did feel like 10 minutes to me. So, what was all that about?

I found a very interesting video on 'YouTube' for anyone out there that may be confused about their brain tumour diagnosis. A consultant oncologist explains the difference between Benign and Malignant brain tumours and the treatment options. I found it very clear, to the point and with no jargon :-)

www.youtube.com/v/oY4UJjKOKb0&hl=en&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349">

See you later for further information posts on the mystery Meningioma.

No comments: