Monday, August 11, 2008

2 YEARS ON

I thought it was about time I did a little follow up to the Eviction day to stress that it is 2 years on. Whilst writing my Ebook I have learnt a great deal about this mystical tumour and I have also read many peoples stories. We read a report or something crops up in the news and it rarely gives the whole story. You may read a caption like 'The Use of Mobile Phones has been linked to Brain Tumours'. Well as you can see from a previous entry of mine on this very subject, this headline is true but slightly misleading.

You may be like me, and as far as I thought about it prior to my own diagnosis, I really didn't know there were many types of brain tumour and in fact had never heard of a Meningioma. I certainly didn't want to think about the possibility of having one and didn't know that there were different grades and that some were benign and some were cancerous. I just truly thought that they were all something that nobody wanted because they spelt out a definite dangerous situation.

So having painstakingly read through as much information as I could I came to the conclusion that it would be a sensible thing to have a follow up MRI test this year even though my Neurosurgeon felt it was totally unnecessary.

No comments: